Saturday, June 15, 2019

Recovering From Chemo

Recovering from chemo has been an interesting process. I have already started getting some strange wool-like fuzz growing on my head. I'm getting feeling back in my fingers and toes and even the sticky sinus drainage has started to decrease.

I am able to taste more things than I did a few weeks ago and I am working on increasing my energy level but still find that I tire easily from simple tasks.

I was blessed with a visit from my nephew and his family from Florida along with my sister from Nevada last weekend.

It was such a wonderful gift because I was able to take my mind off the next stage of my treatment and escape, like a mini vacation, and enjoy time with them.

It is amazing how God gives us exactly what we need at the moment we need it; even when we don't know we need anything at all.

Their visit became a sort of "end of chemo" celebration before having to focus on my next portion of treatment so the timing couldn't have been more perfect.

There always seems to be some obstacle to overcome through this cancer fight. The mental, emotional, and physical strength it takes to face the next stage is always a process of finding the courage to move forward.

Their visit gave me the break I needed and refreshed me for the fight. I got to do things that I hadn't felt like doing for a while.

We went for walks, played board games, and I ate some great food (most of it I could actually taste). I cannot thank them enough for taking their vacation, sacrificing their time, and giving of themselves to come to see me.

Now, I move toward breast surgery then radiation therapy. I have an appointment with the Radiation Oncologist next week to discuss what to expect with radiation. The following week I have an appointment with the Surgeon to discuss my options and schedule surgery. 

As I recover from chemo, I am mustering the courage to continue the fight. I remember that the Lord is my strength. I can face anything when I put on the Armor of God and hold the Sword in my hand as well as in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment