Sunday, July 14, 2019

Now and Forever

I have had a productive chemo recovery and prepared myself as much as possible for tomorrow's surgery. It has been effective for me to busy my mind with other things so I didn't get too worked up over this dreaded day.

Terry and I had our 27th anniversary on June 6th. We recently enjoyed a night out to dinner to celebrate. Since I am now able to taste food it was worth the wait. Our date didn't exactly go as planned but we were together and that is all that really matters.

Cancer has caused me to have some emotional breakdowns, physical exhaustion, fogged thinking, and many other unexpected side effects, but through it all, Terry has encouraged me. His quiet, calm confidence is solid and keeps me grounded.  He is the most amazing man. Everyone who knows him will most likely agree with that statement.

He does not like to be bragged on, but I'm going to do it anyway (don't tell him)! There are so many little things that he does that expresses his love. He may not give me flowers or candy, but he gives me himself, all that he is and has every day. I am so grateful that I get to call him Honey and he calls me Dear.

With Christ in the center of our marriage, I'm looking forward to spending the next 27 plus years in Terry's arms and by his side. I am proud to be his wife now and forever.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you tomorrow friend! I have mixed emotions for you. I guess I will choose to focus on the good one....cancer gone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamey and I have been praying so much for you and your family. We love you and know that God has you in His hands.

    ReplyDelete