Saturday, March 14, 2020

Isolation

Throughout my battle with cancer last year, I kept myself separated from the world as much as possible. Now that I am on a journey to a new normal, I thought that my time in isolation was coming to a close. However, there's a buzz of stay-at-home orders and the school closing for the rest of the year. So, it sounds like my isolation continues.


I have been hearing reports of other countries shutting down places in an effort to stop the spread of this virus. It was nieve of me to think that it would be stopped before reaching our shores. 

For years I have heard reports through The Voice of the Martyrs about the oppression and persecution that Christians have faced all over the world. However, we have been isolated from it in America. 

If we think about it, America has been isolated from many hardships that other countries have faced. Could the comforts we have all enjoyed in this nation be coming to a close?

The idea that our freedoms to have a Bible, gather in worship, and share the gospel could be taken away from us is hard to imagine. But just as the virus has made it's way to this nation, so are the ideals that will take away our freedoms; it's only a vote away.

So, Christians shouldn't think that we are isolated from the persecution that our brothers and sisters face all over the world, because as we are individually going into isolation, our country is coming out of isolation.  

My co-host Janie has an analogy that I think describes American Christians, she says, "Christianity is like being on a battleship but we think we have signed up to get on a cruise ship." 

We are a nation of Christians who have stepped into the comforts of Christianity and question God's love when those comforts are removed. Being a Christian is full of so many blessings and we never have to fear the loss of God's love. Romans 8 says that we are more than conquerors and nothing can separate us from the love of God. 

I think in times like these we have to remember that He is the Captain of the battleship and although the storm may rage and we may take some hard hits, we will never be defeated. 1 Cor. 15 promises that we are victorious through Jesus and the battle is won! 

So, whatever the next few weeks of isolation may bring, let's continue the fight with the Lord as our Captain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment