Wednesday, March 27, 2019

My Progress

I just finished my fourth treatment this week and I thought this might be a good time to update everyone on the progress that is happening. The protocol that I have been given requires 16 chemotherapy treatments with 3 different kinds of drugs. My first two drugs were given together; Adriamycin injections and Cyclophosphamide IV drip 4 treatments over the course of 8 weeks. This portion is now complete.

During this time the tumor in my breast has been measured. The first measuring of my tumor, before any treatment, was 6 cm (by hand). Before my second treatment, my tumor measured 3 cm (by hand). Before my fourth treatment, we had trouble locating the tumor at all. It is still there but not measurable by hand.

This has not been an easy process, overcoming my fear of chemo is easier now that I am in the midst of the battle and learning how to help my body stay balanced. Hearing these reports of my tumor shrinking gives me encouragement. I know that chemo is the cure that I must face but I never want to overlook the wonderful things that God is doing in my life along the way.

The next drug I will be getting is called Taxel or Paclitaxel. These treatments begin on April 9 and will be given every week over the next 12 weeks. I don’t know how my body will react to this drug but I have the assurance that the Lord will continue to teach me great lessons along the way. 

I have met some wonderful people through this journey and our paths would have never crossed if I didn’t have cancer. I have also formed some treasured friends and a tight bond with those closest to me. Thank you all for your prayers, texts, calls, sacrifices, visits, cards, gifts, meals, and friendship; I love you all.

4 comments:

  1. We are praying for you Sharon. God be with you........PROVERBS 3:5-6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your journey. God is faithful. I see His strength shinning through your words. Praying for your healing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ron. I appreciate your prayers and kind words.

      Delete