Monday, January 28, 2019

Cancer is NOT the Big "C"

Coming to the reality that you have cancer can take a little bit to sink in. Fighting all the emotions of fear, anxiety, and desperation can be exhausting. The key is to fight and the reality is that God is sufficient.

During this battle, I have been reminded that cancer is not the big "C"! Christ is the Big C and he has promised, "I will never leave you, nor forsake you" Hebrews 13:5. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today, and forever" Hebrews 13:8. I can boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do to me" Hebrews 13:6. 

https://printsofpiece.artspan.com/carousel.php
God is not perplexed about what He is going to do. He is not surprised by the news, so I am allowing Him to guide me each day; even when I can't see the next step in front of me. I have been educating myself on cancer fighting foods and foods that will increase my immune system. I have cut out all sugars and I am eating mostly plant-based foods. I have also added some supplements to help me be stronger for the battle I am facing in the near future.

I will say that giving up my yummy hazelnut coffee was probably the most difficult. I overcame temptation my imagining the cancer cells eating and growing bigger as I fed it the delicious "sugary" goodness. 

God continues to answer prayers. The cancer has not spread to my lymph nodes, which is a huge praise. I am still waiting for the BRCA gene test to come back. If I understand things correctly, if I am positive for the gene, then I will be required to take a chemo drug for the next 10 years, but only after my original treatment and surgery. 

Please continue to pray for me and my family. I desire to grow stronger in the Lord through this trial and give Him praise every day while I'm in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment