Thursday, June 23, 2016

Hindsight is 20/20

As my mentoring journey begins, my getaway retreat ends.  I went into the week wanting to hear God speak into my life.  I needed a new start, a fresh feel, a revival in my spirit, a spark in my soul…or something.  I was ready and willing to listen and hear.  Now, days after being home, I don’t just feel different; I am different.  I’m different in a good way.  Things that use to bother me are not even an issue.  However, all of this didn’t come just because I am starting a new journey into mentoring.  Mentoring is only a piece of all that God has done. 

We have all heard the saying, “Hindsight is 20/20.”  As I look back with perfect vision, I believe that God began this new work in me about 2 months ago when I met Toni Hebel. 

She and her husband Bruce travel globally sharing the message of forgiveness.  I had the privilege to attend their seminar and learned how to truly forgive others in my life including myself.  

After I prayed through the “Protocols of Forgiveness” that they teach, I felt as if a weight had been lifted off my heart and a balloon was placed in my chest. I could take in more air; it felt cleaner, fresher, and it was easier to breathe. 

I honestly thought I had forgiven all the hurts in my life, but during the seminar, I realized that there were people from my childhood that I needed to forgive.  I hadn’t forgiven myself for some things; I had only buried them in my heart.  I would pull them out on occasion and beat myself up when I thought I deserved it. 

But now, I’m free!  It’s that freedom that gave me the desire for something new, fresh, real, and different.  Each step over the past 2 months has been a healing process on my heart.  I truly believe that forgiveness changed my life.  The protocols Bruce and Toni teach really work. 

I can’t tell you how many times I have forgiven people, hurts, and myself; only to realize later that the issues were still there. My heart was still hurt; I was still angry and had bitterness toward people.  I still couldn’t look at myself in the mirror; I would put myself down, and point out all my faults. 

I have always heard that forgiveness is a process; it takes time. It’s been said, “Time heals all wounds.” The process and time didn’t work, it only buried it in my heart, but now nothing is buried, everything is gone. 

If you are taking this journey with me and want to know more about forgiveness and how you can be set free; you can get help at www.forgivingforward.com, I promise, if you do this, you will never be the same.

Forgiveness is healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment