Monday, June 27, 2016

Turning Points

I believe that establishing turning points in your life can help you define where you have been and how you got to where you are today.  These places are pivotal in my life.  Turning points and pivotal places can be stepping stones to change or cliffs we tumble off of.  I have discovered that I am more likely to tumble off the cliff when I have not established where I am at. 

Jan, my mentor said, “God gives us grace for each moment, don’t miss it.”  As I pondered her words, it became a stepping stone for change in me.  Sometimes I can get caught up in the emotion of a situation or find myself discontent with my life and I miss what God has for me in that moment.

As this journey began, I received a gift from my friend Debbie.  She is a giver and had no idea that this was going on in my life.  The gift was a devotion book called, “Grace for the Moment” by Max Lucado.
 


The first devotion I read was titled, “God’s Mighty Hand.”  Each devotion starts with a verse; this one is: “Through His power all things were made – things in heaven and on earth, things seen and unseen” Colossians 1:6.  “Look to the canyons to see the Creator’s splendor.  Touch the flowers and see His delicacy.  Listen to the thunder and hear His power…Today you will encounter God’s creation.  When you see the beauty around you, let each detail remind you to lift your head in praise.  Express your appreciation for God’s creations.  Encourage others to see the beauty of His creation.”  

Of course, the devotion is about how God created the heavens and the earth, but the descriptive language he uses reminded me to take each moment of grace.

God used Debbie to give me a resource that will help me each day.  I have had a couple of situations arise but I was able to not let my emotions plummet me over the cliff.  Just as I established forgiveness as a turning point that became stepping stones of change, so now, this becomes a stepping stone on which to keep moving forward in my life.   I don’t want to miss any opportunity to grab a hold of God’s grace for the moment.

Establish turning points in your life and keep climbing upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment